The Jacques DeMolay Lodge Scholarship Fund is now accepting applications for the 2020/2021 collegiate year. This year we are pleased to be offering two ways to apply; either online or via traditional US Mail.
The minimum qualifications for this scholarship are:
- Student must graduate from a Houston-Area High School between January 1, 2019 and July 31, 2020.
- A copy of the student’s high school transcripts reflecting a minimum GPA of 2.5 based on 4.0 grading system.
- Include two (2) letters of recommendation as outlined on the application.
- Copies of the students SAT or ACT tests scores. (Printed online score are acceptable if they include the students name and identification.)
- Student must be enrolled or planning to enroll in an accredited college or university of higher education for the current or subsequent school term. Trade or vocational schools enrollment does not qualify for this scholarship.
This scholarship will be awarded in a nondiscriminatory manner without regard to an applicant’s race, creed, color, religious beliefs, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability or veteran’s status, or organizational affiliation.
Questions may be e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do not call for information on the winner. The winner’s name and school will be posted on the web at http://www.jd1390.org by May 30, 2020.
To apply via traditional US mail:
- Download and fill out the application. It is available at one of the following links: Word Format or PDF
- Application and all related documents (letters, scores, etc.) must be mailed in ONE ENVELOPE to ensure timely consideration of application.
- A properly executed, timely scholarship application postmarked by March 31, 2020.
- Mail Application packet to:
Before beginning your online application, please follow these instructions completely. For security reasons (to protect your privacy), you will not be creating an account that will let you come fill out your application a little bit at a time as many online applications will. It will, therefore, be less frustrating for you if you have everything you need together, before you begin. If you wish, you may refer to the paper application as a go-by.
You will need:
- Your personal information.
- Your parent(s)/guardian(s) personal and financial information.
- Housing information, including whether the home is owned or rented, how many people live with you, et cetera.
- Sibling information.
- Your academic profile, including the high school you will be graduating from, where you have applied, and your test scores and dates.
- Financial information including, your personal employment status, projected cost of tuition, room & board and book, any grants or scholarships you have applied for and/or been awarded, and any other sources of income you expect to rely on for college.
- Extracurricular information, including activities, group memberships, volunteer work, honors and offices and positions of leadership you may have held.
- An essay is expected. In 500 words or less, write an essay about your talents, interests, and activities and your plans for the future. We recommend you do this in advance, then cut an past it into the space provided.
- Four (4) PDF uploads of scanned documents are required. There is also an option to upload a 5th, should you so choose. PDF files should be 2 MB or less. The file name does not matter as the system will do that for you.
- File Upload 1: A scanned PDF of your first letter of recommendation
- File Upload 2: A scanned PDF of your second letter of reccomendation
- File Upload 3: A scanned PDF of your High School transcripts
- File Upload 4: A scanned PDF of your SAT and/or ACT test scores.
- Optional File Upload: A scanned PDF of any other documentation you feel should be considered to support your application. Only one extra file will be permitted, so if you have more than one document to scan, please combine them into a single PDF file.
- On the submission page, type in your full name and date. All online applications must have a timestamp by 11:59:59 PM, March 31, 2020.